Saturday, January 19, 2013
The following are excerpts from the Chelmsford Fire Department log for the week of Jan. 6 to 12, 2013.
Sunday, Jan. 6 9:04 p.m. - A carbon monoxide detector was activated on Field Street. Another was activated on Pond Street a few hours later. Monday, Jan. 7 6:33 a.m. - Firefighters investigated reports of heavy black smoke coming from a neighbor's house on Littleton Road. 11:30 a.m. - Firefighters returned to the Woodcrest Condos for a possible hot spot. 8:41 p.m. - Water was reported to be flowing from a house on Prairie Road. Wednesday, Jan. 9 11:29 a.m. - A possible structure fire was investigated on Golden Cove Road near Boyds Lane. 7:34 p.m. - A neighbor complained about heavy smoke from a chimney on Billerica Road. Thursday, Jan. 10 2:21 a.m. - Firefighters dealt with a reported transformer fire following a crash on Concord …
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Chelmsford Fire Department log excerpts from Dec. 30, 2012 to Jan. 5, 2013
Sunday, Dec. 30 7:05 a.m. - A man on Graniteville Road received treatment after an injury from a snow blower. 9:17 a.m. - Firefighters investigated reports of problems with the elevator at North Town Hall. 7:04 p.m. - An investigation ensued after complaints of over occupancy in a building on Cushing Place. Monday, Dec. 31 5:23 p.m. - A pedestrian was involved with a motor vehicle accident on Chelmsford Street. Tuesday, Jan. 1 5:17 a.m. - First responders went to the scene of a motor vehicle accident on Brentwood Road with reports of motorists potentially trapped inside of the crashed vehicles. Wednesday, Jan. 2 7:01 p.m. - There was a reported chimney fire on Checkerberry Lane. Thursday, Jan. 3 11:24 a.m. - There were reports of a …
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Chelmsford residents Stefani Bush and Karen Uttecht updated the town regarding relief efforts at last night's Board of Selectmen meeting.
- Jay Oza
Tuesday, January 8
Last night's Board of Selectmen meeting began with a moment of silence as residents Stefani Bush and Karen Uttecht spoke before the Chelmsford Board of Selectmen and discussed their efforts in supporting the victims of Saturday night’s fire at Woodcrest Condominiums which claimed the lives of two residents. Bush and Uttecht have organized relief efforts and centralized them with this Facebook page. They updated the town last night on what donations would be most useful. “We have so many clothes,” said Uttecht. “There are piles and piles at the senior center,” she explained. Uttecht, who spent hours with victims on the night of the tragedy, stated that there will be enough clothes to donate to other charities. “These families have very …
Monday, January 7, 2013
WCVB reports that Susan Astle, 67, and Paul Deslauriers, 77, were the couple who died in Saturday's late night fire.
Officials have identified the couple who died in Saturday's late night fatal fire at the Woodcrest Condominiums. The fire took the lives of Susan Astle, 67, and Paul Deslauriers, 77, according to WCVB. Fire Marshal Stephen Coan previously said said he believed the fire started in the couple's home. He said the couple's son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren, all from Maine, were injured and taken to hospitals. The blaze broke out around 11:30 p.m. Saturday and took firefighters from multiple communities more than two hours to get under control. "They had come to pay a visit," Coan at a Sunday morning press conference. "And our understanding is they had just arrived yesterday and this would have been their first night." According to …
Sunday, January 6, 2013
We've just gotten additional pictures from the fire taken by a resident nearby.
Additional details are coming in as well. If you were in the area and took photos, please share them by clicking on the "Upload Photos and Videos" button. Also, the Red Cross has told Chelmsford Patch that they are accepting donations at http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations and they will be opening a service center in Building 9 at 181 Littleton Road in Chelmsford at 1 p.m. today. There, they will be available to interview and assist residents displaced by the fire that took place overnight. UPDATED: Chelmsford resident Stefani Bush has also created a Facebook page to help centralize support efforts.
Fire destroys 21-unit building in Littleton Road condo development.
An elderly couple has died and four of their family members were injured in a two-alarm fire that gutted a building in the Woodcrest Condo development at 181 Littleton Road. The blaze broke out around 11:30 p.m. Saturday and took firefighters from multiple communities more than two hours to get under control. In a press conference Sunday morning, Fire Chief Michael Curran and State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan confirmed the deaths, though the identity of the victims has not yet been released. "I believe they were both in their 70's," said Currant. "This is a sad day to start the year off, it really is." Two children and two adults were also injured in the fire. Curran confirmed that the four were the son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren of …
Firefighters from multiple communities battle stubborn blaze into the early morning hours.
A number of residents remain unaccounted for following a late-night fire that ripped through a 21-unit building at the Woodcrest Condominium complex on 181 Littleton Road on Saturday. The blaze in Building No. 4 (Units 425-445) left dozens of residents homeless, many of whom will be staying for the time being at an emergency shelter being set up at the Chelmsford Senior Center. However, fire officials believe there is a chance not all of the residents made it out of the building safely. "We have reason to believe that there may be unaccounted for residents of the building," said State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan. Neither he nor Chelmsford Chief Michael Curran would say specifically how many residents had not been accounted for as of 2 a.m. "…
We will have more information as it becomes available.
Firefighters from Chelmsford and several other nearby communities are fighting a two-alarm blaze on the third floor of Building 1 at the Woodcrest Condominium complex just off Littleton Road. The fire, which began shortly after midnight on Saturday, was seen from over a mile away according to reports from nearby residents. Early details indicate that several residents are injured and medevac helicopters are taking those wounded in the fire to nearby hospitals. We will have more on the fire as it becomes available. UPDATE 1:08 a.m. - The American Red Cross is on the scene, and is reporting approximately 25 to 30 people were impacted by the fire. UPDATE 1:40 a.m. - We've been told that a seven-year-old was airlifted from the Byam School with…
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Rescues being made as some residents trapped.
Chelmsford firefighters are on the scene of a two-alarm fire in a multi-unit residence at 118 Littleton Road. Mutliple sources indicate at least one resident and possibly more was trapped on the third floor of the building when the fire broke out and efforts are being made to rescue that person. A med-flight has been called in for one burn victim. Stay with Chelmsford Patch for any new details. We will have a full report on Sunday.