Thursday, June 13, 2013
Chelmsford Fire Department log for the week of May 26 to June 1, 2013
May 26, 10:32 p.m. - Firefighters checked a home on Littleton Road for a reported unauthorized burn. It turned out that a person had started a campfire. They were told to put it out, as open burning season ended on April 30. May 27, 10:21 a.m. - A vehicle from Pelham, NH was reported leaking gasoline north of Exit 33 on Route 3 Southbound according to State Police. May 30, 5:48 a.m. - A truck was leaking oil on Oak Street. The truck was making a bulk delivery when a line burst within the vehicle. That line was quickly sealed and somewhere between 10 and 100 gallons of fluid leaked from the vehicle, which was cleaned on site. May 31, 12:07 a.m. - A motor vehicle ran into a pole on Davis Road. There was only one occupant in the vehicle, who …
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Chelmsford Fire Department log for the week of May 12 to May 20, 2013
May 12, 8:10 p.m. - A fire in the woods was investigated off Graniteville Road. May 14, 7:02 p.m. - Firefighters were dispatched to Route 3 near the Exit 32 rotary to investigate a motor vehicle on fire operated by a Nashua resident. May 14, 7:52 p.m. - Firefighters investigated the area of Technology Drive for an unauthorized burn. May 15, 6:55 a.m. - There was a motor vehicle rollover on the corner of Northern Avenue and the Rotary, it was unclear if there were any injuries. May 16, 12:43 p.m. - An individual was stuck in an elevator on Brick Kiln Road. May 16, 12:51 p.m. - Nine units were dispatched to deal with a brush fire just off Route 3 Northbound below the Stedman Street overpass. Hotspots were reported at as late as 3:47 p.m. …
Saturday, April 20, 2013
The following are excerpts from the Chelmsford Fire Department log for April 7 to 13, 2013
April 7, 11:59 a.m. - Firefighters responded to a reported motor vehicle fire in the parking lot of St. John the Evangelist church. April 7, 1:42 p.m. - Fire Department officials spoke to a home owner on Richardson Road about an unauthorized burn. April 9, 12:04 p.m. - There were reported of an unauthorized fire on Clover Hill Drive, but the person who started the fire was discovered to have a permit upon further inspection. There was another permit investigation on Locke Road later in the day, followed by a complaint about a permitted fire on Ranch Road. April 11, 11:18 a.m. - Smoldering mulch on Byam Road caused some concern for a nearby landscaping company. April 12, 1:30 p.m. - Firefighters were on Chelmsford Street after an …
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The individuals have been lowered to the ground.
UPDATE 6:12 P.M. The two individuals have been tentatively identified as Matt West and Luke Fisher. According to West, technical problems with the lift began around 12:30 p.m. and the pair were stuck in the bucket for an extended period of time. UPDATE 5:25 P.M. The individuals have been lowered to the ground. We have been told they were workers with Sprint doing maintenance on a cell phone attachment to the water tower near Varney Park. ORIGINAL STORY: We're getting emergency scanner reports of individuals stuck inside a bucket truck on Grant Street near Washington Street in North Chelmsford. The scanner reports indicate the two individuals are stuck 100 feet in the air. We are heading to the scene and will provide pictures if possible.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Chelmsford Fire Department log for the week of Jan. 13 to 19, 2013
Monday, Jan. 14 3:38 a.m. - A fire alarm was reported on North Road, but no smoke or fire was discovered aver an investigation of the area. Tuesday, Jan. 15 8:42 a.m. - Firefighters extinguished a fire inside a trash can at the rest stop along I-495 Northbound. Thursday, Jan. 17 1:02 p.m. - A smoke detector alarm was activated on Scotty Hollow Drive. Friday, Jan. 18 8:06 p.m. - Five firefighters responded to reports of smoke within a commercial building on Vinal Square.
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
13 years ago, six firefighters from the Worcester area lost their lives in what became known as the Worcester Cold Storage fire. Chelmsford firefighters showed their respects in a ceremony yesterday morning.
- POLICE & FIRE
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
On Monday morning, the Chelmsford Fire Department honored the six fallen firefighters from the Worcester Cold Storage fire on Dec. 3, 1999. A recounting of scanner dispatches from the scene exactly 13 years to the minute can be found at the Alert New England twitter feed.
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Members of the Chelmsford Fire Department will be collecting items to help those still impacted by the superstorm.
The Chelmsford Firefighters Local 1839 will be collecting supplies to aid with the relief effort for victims of last week's hurricane in areas still requiring assistance. Those looking to help are encouraged to donate the following critically needed items A list of other items in need is available on the Chelmsford Firefighters website and Facebook page. Residents can drop off supplies at the Chelmsford Fire Department headquarters at 7 North Rd. For more information, contact Michael Brothers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
October is National Fire Safety and Prevention Month, and the Chelmsford Fire Department invited kids from the community to learn more about fire safety in an open house sponsored by Papa Gino's.
The month of October is dedicated to National Fire Safety and Prevention, and in honor of that, the Chelmsford Fire Department held an open house on Sunday to teach hundreds of local kids about fire safety sponsored by Papa Gino's If you couldn't make it to the open house, here are five more fire safety tips for you and your kids. For more fire safety tips and facts, visit the National Fire Protection Association page and the Chelmsford Fire Department page. TELL US: What are your fire safety tips? What is the most useful thing you have taught your family about preparing for a fire?
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Chelmsford Fire Department Log for the week of July 29 to Aug. 4.
The following are excerpts from the Chelmsford Fire Department log for the week of July 29 to Aug. 4. Sunday, July 29 8:59 p.m. - Firefighters investigated an unauthorized burning near a building on Richardson Road. Monday, July 30 3:04 p.m. - Paramedics were on the scene on Boston Road after reports of a 77-year-old man having a possible stroke. Tuesday, Aug. 1 8:04 a.m. - A motorist with a neck injury was reported during a motor vehicle accident on Drum Hill Road. Thursday, Aug. 3 4:39 p.m. - Emergency medical aid was requested for a man who fell out of a motor vehicle on Shiela Avenue. No further information was available. 10:26 p.m. - A on-fire air conditioning unit near the front door of a building on Indpendence Drive was …
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Those in support or against the measure packed the Chelmsford Senior Center to hear from town officials regarding plans for the building.
- B Schill
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Tempers flared during a public information session for the fire station proposal last night. Residents packed the Chelmsford Senior Center to listen to and ask questions of Town Manager Paul Cohen, Chelmsford Permanent Building Committee Chairman Pat Maloney, as well as other town officials regarding the town’s proposal to build a new central fire station at 50 Billerica Road, adjoining the town offices. A ballot question asking for resident support for the proposed fire station passed by 297 votes in April’s election. Maloney began the meeting by outlining a feasibility study initially discussed by the Permanent Building Committee in 2008 regarding the fire department's fate, including replacing the floor of the Center Fire Station, …