On Monday, the Chelmsford High School football team because the first Lions squad to begin fall tryouts, and the remainder of the school's student-athletes will follow suit this week.
On Thursday, Aug. 22, every other team will begin their first day of practice, according to the school's website.
Below is a full schedule for Thursday's first full day of sports action:
- Golf: Team tryouts are scheduled for 6:30 a.m. at Chelmsford Country Club.
- Boys Girls Cross Country: Both cross country teams are slated for practice from 8-10 a.m. on the Chelmsford High School cross country course.
- Field Hockey: Field hockey players have a pair of practices scheduled for freshman, JV and varsity. The first is from 8-10 a.m. and the second from 1-3 p.m., both at the Graniteville Road fields.
- Boys Soccer: All levels of boys soccer will practice twice on Thursday, first from 8-10 a.m. and again from 1-3 p.m. Both sessions are set for the Graniteville Road fields.
- Girls Soccer: Girls soccer players will also take part in a pair of Thursday sessions. The first practice is from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and the second is from 2-4 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball: From 8-10:30 a.m. the girls volleyball team practices, and again from 1-3:30 p.m. Both sessions are slated for the McCarthy Middle School gym