Nov. 25, 12:09 p.m. – Firefighters responded to a reported brush fire on Brick Kiln Road.
The fire was extinguished within a minute upon arriving at the scene, ten minutes later, residents in the area disposed of ashes from the fire.
Nov. 26, 9:38 p.m. –Thanksgiving was still two days away, but firefighters responded to a cooking mishap on Parker Road.
One resident put out a fire coming from what was reported as a burnt ham, but smoke was still lingering.
Firefighters arrived to help with ventilation efforts and disposed of the ham.
Nov. 29, 10:17 p.m. – A woman on Rutledge Avenue reported that she heard a “pop” coming from her basement and had also seen some smoke.
It was determined approximately 10 minutes later that the furnace was the problem. Crews also checked the basement for air quality issues.