Jon Kurland cruised past incumbent Richard DeFreitas in the race for Town Moderator, while Bob Joyce will become the newest member of the Board of Selectmen after defeating challenger Joe Ready.
Kurland racked up 2,122 votes to 1,562 for DeFreitas. In his race, Joyce earned 1,997 votes to edge out Ready's total of 1,865 by 132 tallies.
The Board of Selectmen and Town Moderator spots were the only two contested races on the ballot. Below is a full list of the uncontested candidates who earned spots in office:
- School Committee (Two seats for three years): W. Allen Thomas Jr. (incumbent), Michael L. Rigney (incumbent).
- Planning Board (Two seats for three years): Nancy K. Araway, Michael N. Raisbeck (incumbent).
- Board of Health (One seat for three years): Nicholas H. Parlee.
- Library Trustee (One seat for one year): Andrew V. Silinsh.
- Library Trustee (Three seats for three years): Margaret E. Marshall (incumbent), Peggy Dunn (incumbent), and Pamela Dawn Davies (incumbent).
- Cemetery Commission (One seat for three years): Thomas A. St. Germain Sr. (incumbent).