1. Happening Friday: Next door in Westford, an annual event featuring several Chelmsford residents will kick off on Friday. The Middlesex County 4-H Fair begins this morning and will last through Sunday.
2. Happening This Weekend: Another event Chelmsford residents may be interested in is also happening in Westford. The Blues 'n' Brews Festival runs from 12-7 p.m. on Saturday while the Pig 'n' Pepper Festival takes place Sunday from 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Both events take place at the Nashoba Valley Ski Area and proceeds go to charity.
3. Weekend Starting Weather: Friday will be mostly sunny, according to the National Weather Service, though there is a chance of isolated showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Temperatures will settle in around 82 degrees.
4. Sports Season: With tryouts underway as of last week, fall sports season is near. But just how near is it? Next week marks the first scrimmages of 2013. The varsity football team plays in a jamboree versus Waltham, Glouster and Lexington on Wednesday. The girls soccer team plays Stoneham on Thursday, and also takes on North Reading in a friendly on Friday.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, the family of Chelmsford resident Jeff Bauman is organizing a benefit fundraiser that will help pay for his medical bills after he lost both of his legs during the Boston Marathon bombings. The event will also raise money for Carlos Arredondo, who is credited with saving Bauman's life.