Did You Feel the Earthquake in Chelmsford?
It's not a feeling we experience often.
Maybe your work building shook or you noticed something weird going on with your cup of coffee.
Or maybe you got a seasick feeling, thinking your stomach was upset and you noticed the chairs and floor were moving.
Reports of a 5.9 earthquake out of Virginia could be felt as far north as Chelmsford and even Toronto today.
Many of you felt it here in Chelmsford and even our own advertising manager Anne Wakeman was outside Markus and Leslie at time. She said the ground rattled like a big truck was coming right up behind her.
According to the police scanner, some residents weren't sure what it was called police to ask.
We asked you on Facebook what you felt, and here's what you had to say:
- Janet Blackwell Perron I felt it in Bedford...my office shook gently for a few seconds...
- Rachel Zelman McElligott yup!! So weird..
- Philip Stanway Did all the way up in Haverhill!
- Lisa McEnaney Warren I felt it in Concord!
- Wendy Goulas I didn't feel a thing and I'm in Chelmsford near Drum Hill.
So, did you feel anything? What did it feel like? Tell us in the comments.