5 Places to Cool Off Around Town
It's going to be really hot today - be sure to stay hydrated and stop by these places to cool off.
It's supposed to be 96 degrees today in town, and that means Chelmsford residents should take the proper precautions to stay safe. Here is a list of places to go to cool off.
1. Freeman Lake or Heart Pond. Go for a swim, but don't stay in the sun for too long.
2. The libraries. The air-conditioned main branch library is open Monday - Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. and from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. The air conditioned MacKay Library is open on Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., Fridays from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
3. The Senior Center. The air conditioned Senior Center is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
4. Gary's Ice Cream or Sully's Ice Cream. Both these places offer a chilling treat to cool you off.
5. The Java Room. Take your laptop or just meet some friends and cool off with an iced coffee in the air conditioning.