Darkness to Light Announces Fall Training Sessions
Fall 2012 Training Sessions:
September 11, October 3, November 1, and December 4
7:00 – 9:30 PM at the Chelmsford Police Station
Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
Did you know that 1 in 4 girls & 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before they turn 18? More than 90% of abusers are people children know, love, and trust. Knowledge and education is the key to preventing this from happening in our communities.
Stewards of Children is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations (sports leagues, day care centers, after school programs, children’s clubs, church groups and more).
Who uses the Program? Stewards of Children is for any responsible adult who cares about the protection of children. It is also used by individuals, organizations, businesses, and corporations who:
- Seek training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
- Look to enhance their child protection policies and procedures or respond to insurance requirements.
- Want to lead a community-based initiative and offer prevention training to the community.
What Topics are Covered in Stewards of Children?
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse.
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur.
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults.
- The signs of sexual abuse so you that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly.
What Outcomes Can Be Expected After Training?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Proactive, positive change to organizational policies and procedures
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
How can I Register for a Training Session?
- Call or email Tricia Dzuris in the Town Manager’s Office at (978) 250-5201 or at email@example.com
- Check out the Darkness to Light website www.d2l.org
- Special sessions can be accomodated for groups of 10-25 people
Our current Facilitators are:
Jennifer Bellissimo, Chelmsford Police Officer (978) 256-2521
Tricia Dzuris, Assistant to the Town Manager (978) 250-5201
Nancy Quinn-Harrahy, Harrington School Nurse (978) 251-5166
Sue Rosa, Town of Chelmsford Manager of Healthcare Services (978) 250-5241
Ann Russo, Dept. CPS Coordinator, Health/PE/FCS (978) 251-5111
Autumn Sayer, Parker School Guidance Counselor ( 978) 251-5133